Planned burns in Cardinia Shire
- Planned burns on Council land are done to lessen the impact of bushfires and maintain the health of forests.
- Planned burns are conducted by the CFA or Forest Fire Management Victoria
- When planned burns take place you will notice more smoke in the area.
Future planned burns on Council land
Council is working with CFA to plan several planned burns and fuel management activities across Cardinia Shire over the next three years.
Financial Year 2022/23
- Beaconsfield Upper - Brennan Reserve (Mechanical works)
- Maryknoll - Snell Rd Reserve
- Beaconsfield Upper - Dallas Brooks Scout Camp
- Nar Nar Goon North - Seymour Rd
- Clematis - Clematis Fire Station and Hall
- Emerald - Cardinia Reservoir (Deery Road) - in conjunction with Melbourne Water
Financial Year 2023/24
- Maryknoll - Koala Reserve
For further details on planned burns and other fuel management activities across the Metropolitan Region see the Joint Fuel Management Plan. Forest Fire Management Victoria (FFMV) undertakes a range of bushfire fuel management activities on public land within the shire. FFMV-led activities are not included in this list, to find out about planned FFMV works, refer to the Joint Fuel Management Plan.
Look up or get notified about planned burns
Visit Planned Burns Victoria to subscribe to notifications about planned burns in your area, and to look up planned burns across the state.