Bushfire Prepare online learning program
About the program
The Bushfire Prepare online program and website helps Cardinia Shire residents who live in high bushfire risk areas to prepare their property for the fire season
- Although it is designed for those on properties one to 10 hectares in size, it is a useful tool for anyone in a high bushfire risk area looking for tips on how to manage land and fuel loads to reduce fire risk – not just on their own properties but across the shire.
- The online program steps through planning scheme requirements and uses plain, simple language to explain when a permit may be required and how planning scheme exemptions might be applied.
- Council has partnered with the Victorian Government’s Safer Together initiative to deliver the Bushfire Prepare program so it's ready for you to use to help prepare for the 2022-23 fire season. The program was funded by Safer Together.
Online program structure
The interactive online program has 7 modules. It includes videos and slides with voiceovers and will take around 2 to 3 hours to complete:
- Basic bushfire behaviour
- Your bushfire plan
- Fire management arrangements
- Fuel management options
- Managing safety
- Operating equipment
- Planning and conducting your own burn
Request a practical workshop
- A workshop has been developed to bring together all the program components in a face-to-face setting.
- Community groups can request a workshop by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community members can register their interest in taking part in a workshop go to the Bushfire Prepare website
For more information and to take part in the program
Contact our Emergency Management team
Ph:1300 787 624
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org