Find out what you can do with a block of land or property
Find zones or overlays for a property
- Click on the 'Community Compass map' button below.
- Start typing your property's street address into the search bar at the top of the page until you see the full property address appear. Select the address.
- Select 'planning zones and overlays' on the right hand side menu.
- Click on each tile to see info on which zone you are in or which overlay applies. Make a note of this information.
- Go to the Cardinia Planning Scheme web page on the DELWP website to view the planning scheme document to find info on what you can and can't do on a property according to its zone or overlay. It is a complex document, so contact us if you need help.
Cardinia Planning Scheme
How you can use or develop a block of land or property depends on which zone it is in. The different zones and rules about how land can be used are outlined in the Cardinia Planning Scheme, a Victorian Government document.
Zones and overlays are the main planning controls that apply to all land in Victoria. They reflect the character of land, such as residential, industrial or rural, and indicate the type of use and development, subdivision and signage that is appropriate for that zone.
If you need advice on what you can or can't do on your property because of zones or overlays, contact our Statutory Planning team on 1300 787 624