We offer a Pre-Application meeting service to provide feedback and help applicants prepare for a planning permit application.
Pre-Application advice will identify any concerns or suggestions for improvement on your future application. It should be viewed as preliminary advice only and does not guarantee that a permit will be issued.
Pre-application service options
- Phone call with planner on duty to discuss proposal
- No fee
You can seek general planning advice Monday to Friday during office hours. Please call 1300 787 624.
- Meeting (online or in person) with allocated planner
- Written response within 14 days of meeting with allocated planner
- Fee $265
- Meeting (online or in person) with allocated Planner and representatives from relevant internal Council Departments
- Internal referral responses included within Council’s response
- Written response within 1 month of meeting with allocated Planner
- Fee $550
What to submit (intermediate and advanced)
To get the best advice for your proposal, please submit the following information with your request:
- Land address/es
- A description of your proposal
- Site Plan showing the proposed design in context with adjoining properties
- Concept plans (for example, floor plans and elevations)
- Other relevant documentation (such as reports or site investigations)
- Any communication with External Authorities (such as Melbourne Water or Department of Transport)
- Certificate of Title, including any restrictions (Note: this is not mandatory, but is helpful)
- Pre-application fee
- You may wish to talk to your neighbours before finalising your plans. If they are unhappy with an aspect of your proposal, you may be able to reach a compromise before lodging your planning application.
- For Intermediate and Advanced pre-application services, your Planner will contact you to arrange a meeting within 2 weeks of receiving your request.
- Please note: Planning Officers will only be able to comment on the information provided.
- After you have received the pre-application advice, you can contact the Planning Officer directly if you need further assistance, prior to lodging your application.
- Only once a planning permit application is lodged formally with Council, can a decision on your application be made. Pre-Application advice is preliminary only.
- If you obtained a copy of title for the pre-application service, be aware that the copy of title lodged with the planning application must be current (not older than 90 days).