Litter and illegally dumped rubbish
- Please report any incidences of rubbish dumping on Council land. By doing this, you play a very important role in helping us track down people who dump rubbish, and in helping make Cardinia Shire a cleaner and safer place.
- Don’t touch or remove the rubbish – you may put yourself in danger or remove valuable evidence.
- Litter can cause many issues to the environment, people’s health and safety, and financial costs.
- We support community members who safely pick up litter.
Report illegal dumping
Report by phone or email
During business hours: 1300 787 624
After hours: Call the Environment Protection Authority Victoria 24-Hour hotline on 1300 372 842
Penalties for illegal dumping
Offenders may be charged under the Environmental Protection Act 1970 and if found guilty, face a maximum penalty of $6342.
Litter is anything that has been disposed of incorrectly and can end up in our streets, parks and waterways.
Litter can cause problems for:
- animals and the environment
- the health and safety of our community
- attracting more litter and other types of vandalism (such as graffiti, property damage).
Littering is a crime under the Environment Protection Act 1970 and the most visible sign of pollution.
Report litter or littering
We support community clean up events
Clean Up Australia Day is Australia's largest community-based event for collecting litter.
- Clean Up Australia Day is held on the first Sunday of March each year, however you can organise an event for any day of the year.
- Local businesses and schools can also register events.
- Clean Up Australia Day provides a clean-up kit including bags, gloves and information.