Growth area precincts in Cardinia Shire
- Cardinia Shire is one of the fastest growing regions in Australia. We currently have over 112,000 residents, and our population is projected to grow to about 200,000 people by 2041. This means it’s important that we plan for the shire’s future liveability.
- To guide this growth, Council and the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA) have prepared Precinct Structure Plans (PSP) for Cardinia Shire.
- Precinct Structure Plans (PSP’s) are masterplans for new communities of between 10,000 and 30,000 people.
- A PSP outlines how land is expected to be developed, what natural assets must be protected, and how and where services are planned to support this new community.
- A PSP is the framework for the transition of land from mostly rural and agricultural uses to intensified urban uses. This includes residential and employment land. PSPs also guide key infrastructure projects. This includes transport, recreation, community facilities and schools.
The shire's Precinct Structure Plans (PSPs)
Click on the links below to view current information about these precincts.
- Cardinia Road Precinct Structure Plan (VPA website)
- Cardinia Road Employment Precinct Structure Plan (VPA website)
- Officer Precinct Structure Plan (VPA website)
- Officer South Employment Precinct Structure Plan (VPA website)
- Pakenham East Precinct Structure Plan (VPA website)
- Pakenham South Employment Precinct (on Creating Cardinia engagement website)