Cardinia Community Food Forum
The Cardinia Community Food Forum 2021 will be held online on Tuesday 9 November 2021 from 9.30am to 3pm
- The forum will be hosted by well-known fresh produce expert Thanh Truong ‘the Fruit Nerd’.
- The keynote speaker for the event will be VicHealth CEO Dr Sandro Demaio, a medical doctor and passionate advocate for nutrition and food systems transformation.
- The annual forum is organised by the Cardinia Food Circles Project
The forum is free and open to the public. Please register for the event via the Eventbrite website link on this page.
What the event will include
The online forum will feature a range of speakers, news updates and panel discussions related to the themes:
- Caring for Country
- Youth, our future health
- Reimagining for a food secure future
- A healthy food systems community
- Local farm and food enterprises taking action
Register for the event
The event is free and open to all members of the public.
Ticket numbers are limited.
To register: Visit the EventBrite website
Registration closes: Monday 8 November 2021
Council’s support for the event
- The Cardinia Community Food Forum is part of Council’s commitment to a healthy, delicious, sustainable and fair food system.
- The event celebrates our fertile farmland, innovative farmers and food businesses as well as a diversity of food cultures, skills and knowledge.
- The event also celebrates the projects young people are leading and their role in continuing to build a resilient food system in a really challenging environment.
- The 2021 theme is “our actions are our future: food systems caring for country, a healthy community, farms and food enterprises”.