Cardinia Community Food Forum
The Cardinia Community Food Forum 2021 was held online on Tuesday 9 November 2021 from 9.30am to 3pm
- The forum was hosted by well-known fresh produce expert Thanh Truong ‘the Fruit Nerd’.
- The keynote speaker for the event was VicHealth CEO Dr Sandro Demaio, a medical doctor and passionate advocate for nutrition and food systems transformation.
- The annual forum was organised by the Cardinia Food Circles Project
What the event included
The online forum featured a range of speakers, news updates and panel discussions related to the themes:
- Caring for Country
- Youth, our future health
- Reimagining for a food secure future
- A healthy food systems community
- Local farm and food enterprises taking action
Council’s support for the event
- The Cardinia Community Food Forum is part of Council’s commitment to a healthy, delicious, sustainable and fair food system.
- The event celebrated our fertile farmland, innovative farmers and food businesses as well as a diversity of food cultures, skills and knowledge.
- The event also celebrated the projects young people are leading and their role in continuing to build a resilient food system in a really challenging environment.
- The 2021 theme is “our actions are our future: food systems caring for country, a healthy community, farms and food enterprises”.
Contact our Collective Impact Facilitator - Food Circles
Ph: 1300 787 624