An integrated business and industrial park and high density residential area, supported by a neighbourhood activity centre precinct, is set among extensive wetlands and biodiversity corridors. At full development, Cardinia Road Employment Precinct is expected to generate 18,500 jobs and will provide a major catalyst for attracting investment in the employment corridor.
The PSP provides for the development of infrastructure, such as roads, intersections, drainage, parks, paths, bridges and bus stops, as well as the necessary services to support urban development and will facilitate the development of:
- offices in a campus-style business park setting
- a mixed-use activity centre to support workers, residents and businesses
- combined showroom and warehouse or workshop floorspace for light industrial uses in high-visibility locations
- industrial areas with direct connections to arterial roads and the Princes Freeway
- a niche-residential community, with approximately 2,000 dwellings that will be home to 4,500 people