Youth support service
IMPORTANT: Changes to Youth Services due to COVID-19 restrictions
For information go to Changes to Council services
About the youth support service
We offer short to medium term support to young people (12 to 24 years) who live, work, study or recreate in the Cardinia Shire.
This program can help young people who:
- feel anxious, stressed or ‘down’
- have difficulties with friends, family or is being bullied
- need to deal with anger and aggression, grief and loss
- need information and/or support to access other services (like drugs and alcohol support, Centrelink and legal advice)
- want to make new friends and have fun through our programs and activities
- want to talk about their sexuality or relationships
- have problems at home
- feel their life is out of control
- just need someone to talk to
The service is free, confidential and offers young people information, advice and practical support (short- and medium-term). The program is flexible, accessible to all young people and is respectful of race, gender, sexuality or religion.
Concerned teachers and family members can also seek information, advice and referrals.
Appointments can be held at My Place, school or wherever you are most comfortable in your local area.