Request planning documents, advice or information in writing
What we can provide to you
We can provide you with planning information or advice in writing, or copies of planning documents.
- a written response stating whether a planning permit is required for a proposed development and/or use.
- a Certificate of Compliance stating that an existing or proposed use or development complies with the requirements of the planning scheme at the date of certificate.
- copies of planning permits and/or endorsed plans (to obtain copies of endorsed plans you must be the current property owner, original applicant or draftsperson).
- planning advice in writing and responses to other planning enquiries, such as requests to build outside of a building envelope.
- a response to a request to amend or end a Section 173 Agreement.
What to submit
Please submit all relevant plans, documents and information to avoid any delays to your request. We will contact you if we require further information. We have minimum information requirements for certain types of applications:
- For requests for a written response as to whether a planning permit is required for a proposed development and/or use: Please provide recent copies of title documents (including any restrictions), relevant plans and drawings, and an overview of the proposal.
- For requests to build outside of a building envelope: Please provide recent copies of title documents (including any restrictions), relevant plans and drawings, and an overview of the proposal. Before applying, please also ensure your building envelope restriction allows you to request consent from Council to build outside of it (not all restrictions allow you to).
- For extensions of time: Please provide details of the permit you wish to extend and a summary of the reasons why you want an extension.
- To apply for a planning permit or endorsed plan: $100
- To apply for an extension of time to a planning permit: $125
- All other enquiries: $110
Make your request online
The quickest and easiest way to get the information or documents you need is to use our ePlanning portal. Once you have registered (which doesn't take long), click on the ‘Make an Enquiry' tab. You can then lodge your application, upload documents and pay the fee online.
Alternatively, you can download an application form.