Find a playgroup
To find playgroups in Cardinia Shire run by members of the community, go to the 'Find a playgroup' web page on the Playgroup Victoria website and type 'Cardinia' into the municipality field.
Supported playgroups are for disadvantaged or vulnerable families to give children (aged up to 4) opportunities to play, while supporting parents and carers with referrals and professional assistance. Supported playgroups are free and funded by the Victorian Government.
We coordinate and facilitate this Pakenham-based playgroup, and a staff member attends each session. It offers play-based learning activities as well as support for parents.
To be eligible for Smalltalk, you or your child must identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, be in kinship/out of home care arrangements or hold:
- a Commonwealth Health Care Card
- a Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card
- a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card or White Card
- Refugee visa (subclass 200)
- In-country Special Humanitarian visa (subclass 201)
- Global Special Humanitarian visa (subclass 202)
- Temporary Humanitarian Concern visa (subclass 786)
- Protection visa (subclass 866)
- Emergency Rescue visa (subclass 203)
- Woman at risk visa (subclass 204)
- Bridging visas A-E