- All dogs must be kept contained to their owner's property (in accordance with Section 25 of the Domestic Animals Act 1994). This means your yard must have a closed gate and fence that your dog can't jump, or get under or through.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash when in a public place, except if in a designated off leash dog park.
- Please report any issues with dogs to us, including a dog attack or rush to a person or animal, dogs barking too much or barking throught the night, or dangerous or possible restricted breed dogs.
Information for dog owners
- Visitors must have safe access to your front door without being stopped by your dog.
- If your dog wanders you may be given an official warning or a fine. Wandering dogs may be taken to the pound.
- If your dog rushes at or chases someone, you could be fined, and we may have to declare your dog to be a menacing dog. This means you may have to leash and muzzle it in public, and you will need to microchip it.
Report a dog issue to us
Please click on the links below to report dogs that:
- bark too much or bark during the night
- bite, rush or attack a person or animal
- are dangerous or restricted breed
Use the animals service request form to report dogs that:
- are not on a leash if outside their owner's property (except in designated off leash dog areas)
- are repeatedly come on to your property without your permission
- are creating a health risk
- are kept in excessive numbers on a property.