Report a nuisance pet

If you have an issue with a neighbour's pet we encourage you to speak to the pet owner and make them aware of the problem.

If you find that talking to the pet owner has not helped, and the pet continues to cause a nuisance, it may be time to report the matter to us.

Report a nuisance pet

Or call us on 1300 787 624

You will need to provide:

  • your name, address and phone number
  • address of the property where the pet lives
  • animal's description.

All personal details are kept confidential and are only used by us to keep you informed about your complaint.

  • barking dogs or noisy cats
  • dogs or cats creating a health risk
  • dogs or cats being repeatedly on their property without their permission
  • dogs wandering outside their owners' premises
  • dogs being off leash outside their property
  • dogs rushing at or chasing a person or animal
  • dogs attacking or biting a person or animal
  • excessive animal numbers. 

If you are reporting a barking dog, you will be required to fill in a noise diary for a 2-3 week period, detailing time of day or night and the length of time the dog is barking. If the noise stops, you do not need to return the noise diary to us.

Cat traps are available for hire to help eradicate feral cats.

Traps can be hired for a refundable deposit and a weekly fee, please call us on 1300 787 624 for the current fee and to book a cat trap.

We collect trapped cats during business hours. Trapped cats are taken to a veterinary clinic to be assessed. If the cat is confirmed as feral, it will be humanely euthanised at our expense. Domesticated cats will be taken to the pound.