Temporary road closures and detours
This page has information and contact details about temporary road closures across Cardinia Shire.
Intersection works in Beaconsfield
- The right turn onto Old Princes Highway, Beaconsfield bound is currently restricted to one lane, day and night until further notice.
- On the Old Princes Highway the traffic lane is restricted, in both directions, to one lane operation for day and night.
- On O’Neil Road, two-way traffic is operational on the newly constructed western side of the roundabout and duplicated lane. Works are currently in progress on the eastern side of the roundabout and traffic lanes.
- Temporary lane closures at the intersection of Glismann Road - Beaconsfield Avenue - Old Princes Hingway: one lane will remain open at all times
Please obey all signage and instructions from traffic management staff, for the safety of our conractors and yourself.
Officer South Road – Rix Road – Bridge Road, Officer
These works, road closure and detours are being undertaken by Satterley (developer) contractors. For more information contact Satterley Customer Service via email email@example.com
The following road closures will be in place starting in October 2020 until end of December 2021. Works are for major intersection and road upgrades.
- Officer South Road between Hickson Road to Freeway bridge
- All three legs (north, east and west) of the Officer South Road-Bridge Road – Rix Road intersection will be closed
Detours will be in place during the works.
- Rix Road traffic (eastbound/westbound) traffic will be diverted through Campanella Avenue, Flanagan Avenue and via Parker Street to Bridge Road.
- Officer South Road traffic (northbound/southbound) will be diverted via Peck Road to Cardinia Road.
Reason for closure
- Officer South Road – construction of dual carriageways between Hickson Road to south of Freeway bridge.
- Officer South Road – construction of new freeway ramps (inbound and outbound) to create new freeway interchange.
- Rix Road – reconstruction of north side of Rix Road between Officer South Road and Campanella Avenue.
- New signalised intersections at the following locations:
- Officer South Road – Rix Road – Bridge Road
- Officer South Road – Flanagan Avenue
- Princes Freeway exit ramp
- Princes Freeway entry ramp