Report a problem with a road
Before you report
- Before you report a road issue to us, please follow these steps.
- Once you report the issue, we will respond to you in 3 business days.
Report an unsealed road
Please check whether it's a Council road and scheduled for works using our unsealed roadworks checker tool
- If it’s a Council road but is not scheduled for works: Please report the problem online
- If it’s not a Council road: Please report the issue to VicRoads on 13 11 70 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Report a sealed road
Check the register of public roads to see if the road is maintained by Council.
- If the road is listed in the register: Check if the road is scheduled for maintenance. If it's not scheduled for works, please report the problem online
- If the road is NOT listed in the register: Please report the issue to VicRoads on 13 11 70 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Rather report by email or phone?
The quickest way to report the issue is by using the online form, but if you prefer, you can make a report by email or phone.
Ph: 1300 787 624
Please include the following information and attach a photo of the problem if possible.
- Your full name, contact number and email address
- The name of the road you are requesting works for
- The street number or landmark nearest to the issue
- What the issue is with the road, for example:
- drainage issues beside the road
- flooding/water on the road
- line markings not clear
- visibility issues
- slippery road surface
- overhanging trees
- something is blocking the road
- oil on road.
Providing us with accurate and detailed information means we can respond more quickly to your report. Thank you.