Report a road issue

  • Reports to council for road maintenance requests have increased more than 130% compared to 2021. Potholes are an especially big issue at the moment. 
  • We know we've got a lot of work to do on our roads, and we've put extra resources into road maintenance in response. 
  • Not all roads in Cardinia Shire are managed by Council - here's a list list of major shire roads that are managed by the Department of Transport (VicRoads) - and an interactive map. Before you report a road issue to us, please check to make sure the road is a Council road, rather than a VicRoads road. 
  • We appreciate you taking the time to report a road issue to us - we proactively inspect our roads but your report helps us to prioritise works. 
  • Once you report the road issue, we'll respond to you within 5 business days.
  • Our online maintenance schedule tool is currently offline due to technical difficulties. We're working to get it back online as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Not all roads across Cardinia Shire are managed by Council. Many major arterial roads, highways, and freeways are managed by the Department of Transport (VicRoads) and some roads may be privately managed.

Before you report a road issue to us, we’d really appreciate it if you could please check to make sure it’s a Council road first. Major roads within the shire that are managed by VicRoads are listed below, and you can also view the map below to check.

  • If the issue is on a VicRoads road: Please report it to them by calling 13 11 70 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or visiting the VicRoads website
  • If the road is not managed by VicRoads: Please report it to us using the Report a road issue form or by calling 1300 787 624  

Roads in the shire that are managed by VicRoads  

Major roads are listed below but you can also check this interactive map on the VicRoads website

  • Old Princes Highway & Princes Hwy
  • Princes Freeway (including most freeway overpasses)
  • South Gippsland Hwy
  • Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Rd
  • Pakenham Rd
  • Racecourse Rd
  • Beaconsfield-Emerald Rd
  • Beaconsfield-Nar Nar Goon Rd
  • Gembrook Rd
  • Cardinia Rd (Princes Hwy to Monash Fwy)
  • Nar Nar Goon-Longwarry Rd
  • Sand Rd
  • Koo Wee Rup Rd
  • Longwarry-Drouin Rd
  • Drouin Rd
  • Princes Ave
  • Ballarto Rd
  • Koo Wee Rup Rd
  • Sybella Ave
  • Rossiter Rd
  • Gembrook Rd
  • Belgrave-Gembrook Rd
  • Lang-Lang Poowong Rd
  • McDonalds Track
  • Westernport Rd
  • Gembrook-Launching Place Rd
  • Emerald-Monbulk Rd
  • Wellington Rd
  • Woori Yallock Rd

To view all VicRoads also manage all highlighted roads on the below map or open full-screen:

Council-managed roads 

For a full list of Council managed roads, see our register of public roads

After checking that the road issue you're reporting is on a Council road, please report the issue to us.

The best way to report an issue on a Council road is via our Report a road issue online form.

Report a road issue online

However, if you prefer, you can make a report by email or phone.

Information to include when you report a road issue 

To report a road problem on a council-managed road, please tell us: 

  • The address of the road issue. If you do not know the exact address, please outline the closest address, and add a comment with additional information such as the closest landmark. 
  • Your full name, contact number and email address. 
  • A photo of the road problem is also very helpful.  
  • The type of road issue 

Report a road issue online