We are an Age Friendly City
Cardinia Shire is proud to be an Age Friendly City, as recognised by the World Health Organisation.
An age-friendly city encourages active ageing by giving people opportunities to enjoy good health, participate in their community and feel secure and safe as they age. In practical terms, an age-friendly city adapts its structures and services to be accessible to and inclusive of older people with varying needs and capacities.
Ageing Well Strategy 2019 – 25
- Council has adopted the Ageing Well Strategy 2019-25.
- The strategy sets Council’s priorities over the next 5 years to support older residents to be healthy, active, stay socially connected and participate fully in the community.
- It was informed and developed through extensive consultation with older residents and the broader community along with community groups, service providers and state and federal government agencies.
Ageing Well newsletter for seniors
- Please note the current edition will not be available to pick up from physical locations until at least late October due to current restrictions.
- You can sign up to our Ageing Well e-newsletter to get notified by email when a new edition is out.
How we support seniors
We have a number of services, events and activities to help seniors maintain physical and mental health, feel safe and secure, remain involved in the community and stay connected to others. What we do in this area is shaped by our Ageing Well Strategy and Action Plan 2019-2025
Find local seniors groups
Find Council and community events
A range of Council and local community events are listed in our online events calendar.
Apply for seniors' accommodation
About personal alarms
We do not provide personal alarms.
Funded personal alarms
If you are over 65, you may be eligible for a subsidised personal alarm. To enquire about this you can:
- contact Mecwacare for an assessment on 5945 0800
- speak to a community health nurse or occupational therapist
If you are under 65, contact Monash Health on 1300 342 273
Unfunded personal alarms
Many private providers offer medical monitoring services which you are required to pay for.
Find out about aged care services
My Aged Care is a national online and phone service to help you find aged care services and what services may be available to help you, a family member, friend or someone you're caring for.