Eight days of free public transport
You’ll be able to travel for free on all public transport in Victoria, including:
- Melbourne trains, trams and buses
- Regional trains, coaches and buses (including regional town bus services)
More info: Go to Seniors online Victoria or the Public Transport Victoria Free Public Transport Flyer
More info: Go to the Seniors Festival Flyer
Come and see what social opportunities exist in the shire, and chat to members from a broad range of community groups
- Date: Saturday 23 September
- Time: 10am to 3pm
- Venue: Living & Learning Inc (6B Henry St, Pakenham)
- Cost: Free
- Register: Call Roger from the Cardinia Mens Shed on 0414 749 904
Old time dance event
Enjoy some ballroom, old time, new vogue, rock ‘n’ roll, progressive and line dancing – you don’t need to bring a partner. If you would just love to come along to watch the dancing, you are most welcome.
- Date: Sunday 15 October
- Time: 1pm to 5pm
- Venue: Pakenham Hall (cnr John and Henry Streets, Pakenham)
- Cost: Free - BYO food and drinks (this is an alcohol-free event)
- Register: Call Ian Wake on 0417 112 500 or Peter Neilson on 0418 584 594
It might as well be spring! (Live show and Devonshire tea)
Enjoy Cardinia Cultural Centre’s renowned pre-show Devonshire tea, then relax in the main theatre and enjoy the extraordinary talents of Antoinette Halloran and David Rogers-Smith, performing the unforgettable music of Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein
- Date: Wednesday 18 October
- Time: 10am to 12pm
- Venue: Cardinia Cultural Centre (40 Lakeside Blvd, Pakenham)
- Cost: $15pp (includes show and morning tea)
- Register: Go to Cardinia Cultural Centre event webpage or call 1300 887 624*
*Visitors with mobility aids / wheelchairs must advise when booking tickets.
Tai Chi for all!
Join us to practice Tai Chi to the sounds of meditative music, as the instructor leads a series of slow moving and gentle exercises, all whilst miked-up to a loudspeaker so that everyone can participate.
- Date: Thursday 26 October
- Time: 11am to 1pm
- Venue: Worrell Reserve, Emerald (Enter carpark off Belgrave-Gembrook Rd, near library)
- Cost: Free
- Dress code: Comfortable / runners and bring a bottle of water
- No bookings needed
Roaring 40s Jazz Morning Tea
Enjoy the wonderful sounds of a Roaring 40s New Orleans Jazz Band at Outlook Community Centre. Includes a morning tea.
- When: Wednesday 4 October
- Time: 10am to 12.00 noon
- Where: Outlook Community Centre, 24 Toomuc Valley Road, Pakenham
- Cost: $20 (bookings essential )
- Contact details: 03 5940 4728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn the history of your town - Pakenham
Visit our museum and learn the history of your town at Berwick-Pakenham Historical Society. Tea and biscuits
- When: Thursday 5 October - Sunday 8 October 2023
- Time: 10am to 4pm
- Where: Berwick-Pakenham Historical Society, 85 Princes Highway, (enter via service road at James St), Pakenham
- Cost: Free
- Event contact: Audrey 0497901965 or BPHS1961@gmail.com
Older Men: New Ideas (OM:NI) Men’s Discussion Group
Victoria Seniors Festival October Men's special. A positive gathering for men. Feeling a little lonely and isolated, want to take a productive step forward? You are cordially invited to join other men, 60yrs+ at an informal gathering. OM:NI is a group of older blokes who meet Monthly, over a coffee, a chat, discussing issues of interest, with plenty of laughs.
- Date: Wednesday 11 October
- Time: 9:30am to 12:00 noon
- Venue: Outlook Community Centre, Toomuc Valley Road, Pakenham
- Cost: This is a free event for all newcomers and includes coffee and tea.
- More information contact: Ken: 0419 574 865 or 5941 7400 or Outlook Community Centre: 5940 4728
Guided stroll around Emerald Lake Park with Friends of Emerald Lake Park
Enjoy a guided stroll with Friends of Emerald Lake Park around the lakes viewing abundant bird life, large exotic and indigenous trees along a gravel path and finish with morning tea.
- When: Thursday 19 October.
- Where: Emerald Lake Park Emerald Lake Road, Emerald. Meet at Lakeside Carpark, Emerald Lake Park. Car parking fees apply.
- Time: 9:30am to 10:30am
- Cost: Free
- Enquiries: email@example.com
Walk hosted by Friends of Emerald Lake Park and Emerald Museum
Walk from Emerald Lake Park, along the Eastern Dandenong Ranges Trail to Nobelius Heritage Park and Emerald Museum. A one kilometre, walk for able walkers with a gradual incline. Listen to a local history talk, explore the Museum and enjoy morning tea. Return to Emerald Lake Park via Link Track (short steep descent) and Wishing Well track lined with ferns and exotic trees. If you are not able to walk, meet at Nobelius Heritage Park, 5 Crichton Rd, Emerald and enjoy the talk, explore the Museum, and enjoy morning tea.
- When: Wednesday 25th October
- Where: Emerald Lake Park, Nobelius Heritage Park and Emerald Museum. Meet at Lakeside car park Emerald Lake Park, Emerald Lake Rd, Emerald. Parking fees apply.
- Time: 10am to 12:00 noon
- Cost: Gold coin donation to the Museum.
- Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com