Dementia Action Week 2020
The focus of Dementia Action Week in 2020 is the Discrimination theme.
This fits perfectly with the Dementia Friendly Communities program which places people living with dementia ‘front and centre’ of shaping and improving the communities in which they live so that they become more inclusive and dementia-friendly. We can only do that by breaking down the, often limiting, misconceptions that many people have about people with a diagnosis.
For more information visit Dementia Action Week
* Forget Me Not Cafe sessions have been suspended until further notice.
What is dementia?
To find out about dementia visit the Better Health Channel
Dementia-friendly community in Koo Wee Rup
‘Forget-Me-Not’ dementia-friendly café sessions
- These café sessions are an opportunity to bring people living with dementia and their loved ones together, to enjoy a social outing and meet new friends in an understanding and supportive environment.
- The cafe is held at the Hewitt Eco House Community Room, 215 Rossiter Road, Koo Wee Rup, 10am-12pm.
- The cafe sessions are the first of their kind in Cardinia Shire.
- All residents are welcome.
- Access to information and resources is also available through the café.
‘Forget-Me-Not’ dementia-friendly café sessions (10am to noon)
- Tuesday 7 April (Easter)
- Tuesday 26 May (sing-along)
- Tuesday 7 July (Christmas in July)
Koo Wee Rup Regional Health Service
Hewitt Eco House Community Room,
215 Rossiter Road, Koo Wee Rup
Bookings essential: 5997 9792