Hills Hub arts and performance space
- The Hills Hub arts and performance space is a multi-functional room for supporting local artists and creative initiatives in the Hills. It is available for hire.
- COVID-19 is bringing ongoing challenges to the arts sector. As such, Council is proud to launch the Hills Hub Arts Activation Program.
- The program gives local artists (aged 18 years and over) the chance to apply for free-of-charge access to creative space in the hub in 2021. You can apply to exhibit work and/or take part in a short-term residency. Conditions apply.
- You can express interest in holding an exhibition or taking up a short-term residency at the Hills Hub using the online form on this page.
- Artists network meetings will also be held at the Hills Hub in 2021.
About the space
- Located on Level 1 of the Hills Hub, the space features about 24 square metres of hanging space.
- The Hills Hub also has 3 digital display screens (2 x downstairs, 1 x upstairs) for still and moving images.
Hills Hub Artists Network meetings
- 4 gatherings for local artists will be hosted at the Hills Hub in 2021.
- This will give artists the opportunity to:
- tour the Hills Hub
- connect with other emerging and professional artists
- learn more about the Hills Hub Arts Activation Program and how to express interest in the program.
- Friday 19 March, 7pm
- Friday 18 June, 7pm
- Friday 17 September, 7pm
- Friday 17 December, 7pm
For more information or to receive Hills Hub Artists Network updates
Email email@example.com and include your name, contact phone number and email address.
Exhibition opportunities and short-term residencies
- 7 x 6-week exhibition opportunities will be available in 2021. See the table below for dates.
- Exhibition space will be offered to the artist free of charge in exchange for them delivering 2 community workshops. Workshops will be held during Weeks 1 and/or 6 of an exhibition.
Mon 22nd February to Mon 5 April
Wed 7 April to Mon 17 May
Wed 19 May to Mon 28 June
Wed 30 June to Monday 9 August
Wed 11 August to Monday 20 September
Wed 22 September to Mon 1 November
Wed 3 November to Mon 20 December
Up to 15 short-term (6 day) residencies will be available to local artists, such as musicians, visual artists, performance/dance artists) for:
- recording sessions
- studio work, for example, to work on a piece/body of work
- to collaborate with other artists on a piece/body of work.
The residency gives an artist or small group of artists access to the arts and performance space for 6 consecutive days (Wednesday to Monday inclusive).
Submit an expression of interest (EOI) - exhibition or residency
You can express interest in holding an exhibition or taking up a short-term residency at the Hills Hub using the
- online form below.
Before you make your submission
- To apply, you must be aged 18 years or older.
- Before applying, please read the Hills Hub arts and performance space information booklet (including terms and conditions of use).
A paper form is available on request.
- Expressions of interest will be assessed within 10 business days of being received.
- If you’re accepted as a program participant, a tentative hold will be put on the space.
The Hills Hub Placemaker will then contact you by email, inviting you to submit an application form along with these documents:
- Photo ID (for example, drivers licence or passport)
- Working with Children’s Check
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency
- Completed COVID Safe Plan
Applications will be assessed within 10 to 14 business days (if all necessary documents are provided).
If your application is successful
Your placement will be confirmed in writing when:
- all required documentation is received
- any bond/fees and charges are paid. (You will be invoiced for any charges, for example, equipment hire. Payment options will be included on the invoice).
When your booking is confirmed: Contact the Hills Hub Placemaker to arrange access to the facility and information on security procedures you need to follow.
Getting your bond back
We will inspect the facility after your exhibition or residency.
If you have paid a bond, this will be refunded in accordance with the terms and conditions in the information booklet