Report long grass on Council land

Key points 

  • If grass is overgrown on Council owned or managed land, you can use the general service request form to report the issue. 
  • Please report long grass along a major road to VicRoads
  • With continuing heavy rainfall during October and November 2022, the grass in a number of parks, reserves and nature strips across Cardinia Shire is longer than usual.
  • When the ground gets as wet as it currently is, the large mowing machinery sinks into the ground and gets bogged or damages the turf. This means regular mowing has not taken place recently in particularly saturated areas.
  • We ask you to please be patient. Once these areas dry out, mowing will start up again. In the meantime, our teams are working hard to address the areas most heavily impacted by these conditions.
  • Council slashes roadside grass all year round on an as-needs basis and the shire-wide seasonal roadside slashing program runs from November to January. If high rainfall persists throughout summer, we may undertake a second or third round of roadside grass slashing in the new year.
  • Grass mowing and slashing at parks and reserves ranges from fortnightly to every 3 months, depending on the needs at each location.
Was this page useful?