James Bathe Recreation Reserve
- James Bathe Recreation Reserve is a new district-level sport and recreation reserve in Pakenham.The reserve includes ovals, netball courts, a playground, a community and sports hub and skate facilities.
- The grass on the ovals is now being established. The ovals are expected to be ready for play in summer 2020–21.
- The Community and Sport Hub will be ready for use in early 2020.
- Both projects have been jointly funded by Council ($10.3 million) with support from the Victorian Government’s Community Sports Infrastructure Fund ($513,442) and the Growing Suburbs Fund ($500,000).
67 Caversham Drive, Pakenham
What's at the reserve
- 2 ovals
- 2 netball courts
- A playground with integrated skate areas
- A community and sports hub with:
- community spaces (expected to open for bookings in early 2020)
- meeting rooms
- social space
- community kitchen
- change rooms
- universally accessible amenities
- umpires room
- a gym
- first aid room.
- multi-purpose cricket practice nets
- multi-use ball court
- walking paths
- open space areas
- barbecue areas
- car parking.