Princes Highway intersection upgrades
- Several priority intersections along the Princes Highway in Cardinia Shire will be upgraded over the next 3 years as part of our Better Local Roads Project.
- This key infrastructure project will provide safer travel for all road users, while reducing congestion and catering to future increases in traffic.
- The intersection upgrade at O'Neil Road in Beaconsfield will be the first upgrade delivered as part of this program, starting in November 2020.
- The Glismann Road/Beaconsfield Avenue intersection in Beaconsfield will follow soon after the start of the Oneil Road intersection project.
$36 million project
- Australian Government contribution: $17.8 million from its Urban Congestion Fund.
- Council contribution: $18.3 million from its Developer Contribution Plan.
What the works will include
These intersection upgrades will include:
- road widening
- addition of dual right turn lanes (only if required)
- addition of bus lane (Princes Hwy) (only if required)
- pavement construction
- kerb and channel construction
- drainage works
- guardrails and line-marking.
Upgrade of O'Neil Road and Princes Highway intersection, Beaconsfield
Works will include:
- a fully signalised t-intersection with dual right turn lanes
- the addition of bus lanes on the Princes Highway
- dedicated signals for cyclists
- improvements to drainage and connected shared paths from Devon Court to the Princes Highway
- a new roundabout at Pink Hill Boulevard.
Other Princes Highway intersections being considered for upgrade
Other intersections being considered for works as part of this program include:
- Glismann Road/Beaconsfield Avenue, Beaconsfield
- Brunt Road/Whiteside Rd, Beaconsfield
- Bayview Road, Officer
- Tivendale Road/Station Street, Officer
- McMullen Road, Officer
- Arena Parade, Officer
- Thewlis Road, Pakenham