Princes Highway intersection upgrades
Several priority intersections along the Princes Highway in Cardinia Shire will be upgraded over the next 3 years as part of our Better Local Roads Project.
This key infrastructure project will provide safer travel for all road users, while reducing congestion and catering to future increases in traffic.
The works to upgrade Princes Highway intersections at Glismann Road/Beaconsfield Avenue and O’Neil Road in Beaconsfield have been completed. Both intersections are now fully signalised (all traffic lights switched on and operating).
$36 million project
- Australian Government contribution: $17.8 million from its Urban Congestion Fund.
- Council contribution: $18.3 million from its Developer Contribution Plan.
What the works so far include
Completed project includes:
- a fully signalised t-intersection with dual right-turn lanes
- the addition of bus lanes on the Princes Highway
- dedicated signals for cyclists
- improvements to drainage and connected shared paths from Desmond Court to the Princes Highway
- a new roundabout at Pink Hill Boulevard.
Upgrade of Glismann Road/Beaconsfield Avenue intersection
The completed project includes:
- fully signalised intersection
- upgraded street lighting
- pavement widening on Princes Highway
- a new left-turn slip lane into Beaconsfield Avenue
- extended right turn lane into Beaconsfield Avenue
- dual right turn lanes out of Beaconsfield Avenue
- extending Glismann Road to intersection
- pavement resurfacing
- underground drainage upgrades
- signalised bicycle crossings
- landscaping works.
Other Princes Highway intersections being considered for upgrade
Other intersections being considered for works as part of this program include:
- Brunt Road/Whiteside Rd, Beaconsfield
- Bayview Road, Officer
- Tivendale Road/Station Street, Officer
- McMullen Road, Officer
- Arena Parade, Officer
- Thewlis Road, Pakenham