Request a rates payment plan or apply for financial hardship

If you’re facing financial hardship or feeling worried about paying your rates, please contact us to discuss the options available. See below for more details.

  • A great way to spread your rates payments out across the year is to set up a payment arrangement using FlexiPay. This is is our direct debit payment option that allows you to pay your rates in smaller amounts to suit your budget, such as weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly, over the financial year. FlexiPay is easy to set up online. 
  • You’ll be able to sign up for FlexiPay after you receive your rates notice. You’ll need to sign up for a new payment arrangement each year. 

To make an alternative payment arrangement outside of FlexiPay, please call us on 1300 787 624

Call us for a payment arrangement or a short-term payment deferral 

If you need short-term help so you can pay your rates, please call us on 1300 787 624 to discuss your options. 

One of our friendly staff members can help you set up: 

  • a flexible payment arrangement that could suit your individual circumstances 
  • a short-term deferral of payment. 

If you’re facing serious financial hardship 

If you're facing serious financial hardship and having difficulty making meaningful payments against this year's rates, we're here to help. 

  • You can submit a financial hardship application and we'll contact you to discuss your options. 
  • Council recommends that you seek advice from a qualified financial advisor or counsellor. You can access free advice through the National Debt Helpline

Apply for financial hardship 

Read the rates and charges financial hardship policy   Apply for rates and charges financial hardship consideration online 

You can also download the rates and charges financial hardship application form and send us a copy via email, post or fax. 



Cardinia Shire Council
PO Box 7
Pakenham VIC 3810


5941 3784

Eligible JobSeeker recipients can apply for a $50 rebate on 2022–23 rates for their principal place of residence. 
For information and to see all available rebates: Rates concessions and rebates

  • You must pay each rates instalment by its due date to avoid being charged 10% interest on your rates per year. (This is in accordance with Section 172 of the Local Government Act 1989).  
  • Legal action may be taken to recover unpaid rates, and you may end up paying additional costs. 

Please call us on 1300 787 624 .  

Was this page useful?