Roadworks, disruptions and detours

This page has information about roadworks and disruptions in Cardinia Shire, due to works being conducted by Council and by other agencies. 

For the most up-to-date information about road closures, traffic alerts, roadworks, tow allocations and events, visit the VicTraffic website.

Over 130 sections of road are being resurfaced around the shire, as part of our annual Road Resurfacing Program. Visit Building a Better Cardinia for more information.


For more information on the Princes Hwy works, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.




  • Kilvington Drive pedestrian crossing

  • Maintenance works along Princes Avenue, Emerald.
    • Works will be taking place in mid-April to maintain and protect the vegetated swale and drainage along Princess Ave.  Machinery will be onsite and traffic management will be in place during these works.

Heath Hill

Nar Nar Goon


For information on Big Build projects such as the Level Crossing Removal Project, visit the Victoria’s Big Build website


Kenilworth Avenue – Level Crossing Removal Project 

From Monday 15 January 2024, the Level Crossing Removal Project will permanently close access to Kenilworth Avenue from Brunt Road in Officer. 

Drivers are encouraged to detour from Kenilworth Ave down Wattle Crescent and Iceberg Road through to Rix Road. 

For more information on the Kenilworth Ave closure, visit Victoria’s Big Build website



Gembrook-Launching Place Road

From mid-January, the Department of Transport and Planning will be completing motorcycle safety improvement works along Gembrook-Launching Place Road between Gembrook and Launching Place. Works are expected to be completed by the end of March 2024, weather permitting.

To find out more about these works, please visit or contact VicRoads


Officer South


*Please note that that these are not Council projects. All works are currently being delivered by third-party developers.

If you have a question or enquiry regardining Council roadworks, please call us on 1300 624 727 or email:

To report a road issue such as potholes or corrugations, please complete our online form or to report by email or phone