What is dementia?
To find out about dementia visit the Better Health Channel
‘Forget-Me-Not’ dementia-friendly café sessions
- The “Forget me not” café is a dementia support group held monthly in 2 locations, Koo Wee Rup and Pakenham.
- It gives carers and their loved ones living with dementia the opportunity to take part in regular social activity that supports their needs.
- is run in a café style with FREE entertainment and refreshments
- wants participants to have a good time in a friendly, relaxed, supportive environment
- offers an opportunity for participants to enjoy new social connections
- meet others facing similar challenges and give support to each other
- provides a release from the usual routine
- benefits older adults living with dementia in terms of their health and psychosocial wellbeing from a community that is aware of and understands their needs and is inclusive
Koo Wee Rup Regional Health Service (Hewitt Eco House)
215 Rossiter Road, Koo Wee Rup
Phone: 5997 9792
Info about upcoming cafe dates: Kooweerup Regional Health Service website
Outlook Community Centre
24 Toomuc Valley Rd, Pakenham
Phone: 5941 1535
Info about upcoming Pakenham cafe dates and to book: Outlook Community Centre website
- Dementia Australia
- National Dementia Helpline: 1800 100 500
- Dementia Australia website - Become a dementia friend