‘Forget-Me-Not’ dementia-friendly café sessions
- The “Forget me not” café is a dementia support group held monthly in 2 locations, Koo Wee Rup and Pakenham.
- It gives carers and their loved ones living with dementia the opportunity to take part in regular social activity that supports their needs.
- is run in a café style with FREE entertainment and refreshments
- wants participants to have a good time in a friendly, relaxed, supportive environment
- offers an opportunity for participants to enjoy new social connections
- meet others facing similar challenges and give support to each other
- provides a release from the usual routine
- benefits older adults living with dementia in terms of their health and psychosocial wellbeing from a community that is aware of and understands their needs and is inclusive
Koo Wee Rup Regional Health Service (Hewitt Eco House)
215 Rossiter Road, Koo Wee Rup
Phone: 5997 9792
Info about upcoming cafe dates: Kooweerup Regional Health Service website
Outlook Community Centre
24 Toomuc Valley Rd, Pakenham
Phone: 5941 1535
Info about upcoming Pakenham cafe dates and to book: Outlook Community Centre website
- Dementia Australia
- National Dementia Helpline: 1800 100 500
- Dementia Australia website - Become a dementia friend
Dementia-friendly community in Koo Wee Rup
- We are working in partnership with Koo Wee Rup Regional Health Service and Dementia Australia to create a dementia-friendly community in Koo Wee Rup.
- A dementia-friendly alliance group has been formed, which includes people living with dementia as well as their carers. The alliance is now working with local businesses, groups, residents, library services, schools and clubs to raise awareness and increase understanding of dementia.
- With a community focus, individuals and groups will be enabled to make small changes that will help reduce the social and physical barriers experienced by those living with dementia and their carers in their own community.