Apply for a permit to conduct fitness and personal training in public open space
- You need a Fitness and Personal Training in Public Open Space permit to conduct training sessions on Council land such as parks, reserves, and open spaces.
- There will be no costs incurred for the issue of a permit. This arrangement will remain in place until 30 June 2021 when a formal process is developed. Any proposed fees associated with the formal permit process will be determined as part of Council’s future budget processes.
You need the permit before starting training sessions
- The permit must be issued before you can start training sessions.
- Fines may be issued to the operator if business is conducted without this permit.
- If any activity starts without the permit, Council will assume the assets and land were undamaged before activity started, and operators will be held liable to repair any damages found during an inspection.
- The permit is required in accordance with Local Law 17.
Before you apply – please read the guidelines
What you need to complete this application
- Relevant qualifications and certificates (for example Certificate III and/or Certificate IV in Fitness, first aid and CPR, a Working with Children’s Check, professional registrations).
- Proof of public liability insurance (minimum of $20 million).
- Proof of professional indemnity insurance (minimum $10 million).
- There is no fee for 2020-2021.
- Any future fees associated with the permit will be developed as part of Council’s budget process.
Contact our Passive Reserve's team on 1300 787 624.