Seniors Festival 2017
About the festival
Lots of great events and activities are happening in Cardinia Shire and across the state this October as part of Victorian Senior’s Festival 2017.
The festival gives older residents the chance to take part in fun and fulfilling events and build connections with others.
This year’s festival theme is ‘You’re welcome’, with a focus on making new people feel welcome at local seniors’ clubs and in seniors’ groups.
Local festival events
- Tuesday 3 October – The Peter Alllen songbook
- From Wednesday 9 October – Seniors Strong Movers Aqua Classes
- Tuesday 10 October – Guided bushwalk at Kurth Kiln and a health talk
- Wednesday 11 October – Men's Over 50s discussion group
- Thursday 12 October – Karaoke with Little Lee
- Tuesday 17 October – Legends of Brass and Let Us Entertain You: An afternoon of singing with the Hoffmans
- Wednesday 18 October – Table tennis with Casey Cardinia Life Activities Club
- Thursday 19 October – Sequence in-line dancing
Events across Victoria
Events across Victoria will be listed on the Victorian Seniors Festival website as they are scheduled.
Free travel during the festival
Victorian Seniors Card holders and seniors myki holders can travel free on trains, trams and buses during the festival period (Sunday 8 to Sunday 15 October).
On myki services
Touch on and touch off with your myki during the free travel period and you won’t be charged.
On regional services that don't use myki
On long distance trains and coaches, show your Victorian Seniors Card to the conductor or bus driver.
V/Line trains and some coaches
You need to reserve a seat on long distance V/Line trains and some coaches. Call 1800 800 007 to book.