Register for kindergarten or accept an offer
- Council manages registrations for community kindergartens in Cardinia Shire.
- You can register your child for 3-year old and 4-year old kindergarten using the online kindergarten portal on this page.
- Please read the schedule of important dates on this page, which includes when the draft timetable will be released, the registration deadline, and when 1st and 2nd round offers will be made.
- You must register your child by 30 June the year before starting a new kindergarten year to be included in the first round of offers.
- You'll receive your placement offer by email. Please accept your offer using the online portal.
Kindergarten 2023 - important dates
All registered families for the upcoming 2023 kindergarten year will receive a reminder email to check their registration information, including contact details and selecting their 2023 group timetable preferences (a minimum of 3 preferences are required).
Thursday 30 June 2022
To be eligible for first-round 2023 kindergarten offers, this is the final date Council can receive new registrations or any changes to existing registrations.
From Monday 1 August 2022
4-year-old first round 2023 kindergarten offers will be sent to families
From Monday 15 August 2022
4-year-old second round 2023 kindergarten offers will be sent to families (including new registrations and changes received after 30 June 2022)
From Monday 5 September 2022
3-year-old first round 2023 kindergarten offers will be sent to families
From Monday 19 September 2022
3-year-old second round 2023 kindergarten offers will be sent to families (including new registrations and changes received after 30 June 2022)
From October 2022
All remaining 2023 kindergarten offers will be sent to families on an ongoing basis
Early Start Kindergarten program for eligible families
To be eligible, your child must be 3 years old by 30 April in the year they'll start kindergarten, and;
- from a refugee or asylum seeker background, or
- your child is Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, or
- your family has had contact with Child Protection or Child FIRST.
If you think you may be eligible for Early Start Kindergarten funding, please call the Central Registration Officer on 1300 787 624 BEFORE using the kindergarten portal.
Register for kindergarten or accept an offer
Use the portal to:
- register your child for kindergarten
- respond to kindergarten offers
- view, access and update registration information
- change preferences (only before accepting an offer)
- change year of attendance
- withdraw registrations
- cancel registrations
Important information - What you need to know before using the portal
If your status says 'Waitlisted'
All children registered for 2023 and beyond will be listed as 'Waitlisted' in the portal. This will change when we do kindergarten placements during August and September this year.
You may have trouble logging in
If a large number of people are trying to use the portal at the same time. you might have trouble logging in. Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Issues with Safari browser
The portal is currently experiencing issues in Safari. If you are using an Apple device to access the Kindergarten portal, please open in Chrome or Firefox. We appreciate your understanding.
If you're registering a child
An admin fee of $30 per registration year (non refundable, non transferable) is payable by credit/debit card when you register.
Proof of birth needed if you're registering a child
You need to provide proof of birth by attaching one of the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- Current Immunisation History Statement. This is mailed to you, but you can also get it straight away online via:
- your Medicare online account through myGov
the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
How placements are decided
There will always be enough kindergarten places across all the kindergartens in Cardinia Shire. We work with the kindergartens and the Victorian Government to make sure there are enough facilities and places to cater for demand.
If there is a high demand for first preference places at a particular program, priority is given as identified in the Victorian Government Kindergarten Guide to:
- children attending four year old kindergarten for a 2nd year
- children who are known to child protection
- children of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background
- children from families with asylum seeker and refugee visas
- children with additional needs
Additional consideration is given to:
- Cardinia Shire residents and ratepayers
- families applying to their local community kindergarten
- families with other siblings who have attended, or who have another connection to the kindergarten (such as a parent on the committee, or a parent who attended the kindergarten).
What happens after you accept an offer
- Offers are sent by email. Please accept your offer using the kindergarten portal
- After you've received a placement, please contact your kindergarten directly with any questions.
- Once you've accepted the offer, the kindergarten provider will contact you about the program and which days and hours are available.
- Your kindergarten provider will also ask you to provide your child's immunisation history statement
Immunisations before your child starts kindergarten
All parents/guardians planning to enrol their child at childcare or kindergarten in Victoria must provide the service with a current immunisation history statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
The statement must show that the child is up to date with all vaccinations that are due for their age, or that they are able to receive.
How to get your child's immunisation history statement
It's sent to you: The statement is mailed to you after your child gets their final immunisation boosters at 4 years.
Online: You can also get your immunisation history statement straight away using either:
Request to have it mailed to you: You can also call the Australian Immunisation Register and ask them to send your immunisation history statement to you.
Benefits of our central registration process
- Simplifies the registration process for families
- Supports kindergarten Early Years Management Services
- Creates an equitable and fair process for kindergarten placement
- Helps to shape our early year’s services and infrastructure planning.
- Each year, you will need to pay a small fee ($30 for 2023) to register in the Kindergarten Portal - enrolling you in the Central Registration and Enrolment Scheme.
- Kindergartens will need charge their own additional fees such as incursion costs, excursion costs, late pick up fees, etc. These fees will be advised by individual kindergartens.