3 and 4-year-old kindergarten programs
- We process the registration and placement of children at community kindergartens in Cardinia Shire, including 3-year-old and 4-year-old kindergarten.
- Some private providers may also offer a funded program, but you will need to contact them directly for program and registration information. You can find providers on the Department of Education and Training website
- The 3-year-old kindergarten program from 2022 will be partially funded by the Victorian Government for up to 5-hours per week: this means you'll still need to pay a fee.
- Children who are 3 years old on or before 30 April in the year they'll start kindergarten are eligible to attend 3-year-old kindergarten.
- To start in a 3-year-old program, the child needs to have turned 3 before they start the program.
- Attending 3-year-old kindergarten does not guarantee a place in the 4-year-old kindergarten program at the same kindergarten in future years.
- The 4-year-old kindergarten program is partially funded by the Victorian Government for up to 15 hours a week: this means you'll still need to pay a fee.
- Children can attend 4-year-old kindergarten the year before they are due to start primary school.
- To register, your child must be 4 years old on or before 30 April in the year they'll start kindergarten.
- Other subsidies may be available depending on different criteria.
Registrations, offers and placements for 2023
For information on:
- how to register for kindergarten or accept an offer
- deadlines for registration or changing your preferences
- dates that offers will be made for 2023 placements
- how placements are decided
visit the Register for kindergarten page
In the online kindergarten portal, it says we're 'Waitlisted' ...
All children registered for 2023 and beyond will be shown as 'Waitlisted' in the portal. This will change when we do kindergarten placements during August and September 2022.