Our kindergarten programs
Which programs we take registrations for
Some private providers may also offer a funded program, but you will need to contact them directly for program and registration information. You can find providers on the Department of Education and Training website
15 hours of free or low cost kindergarten for eligible families
Early Start Kindergarten gives eligible children 15 hours of free or low-cost kindergarten a week.
To be eligible, your child must be 3 years old by 30 April in the year they'll start kindergarten, and:
- your child is Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- your family has had contact with Child Protection (or been referred by them to Child FIRST).
If your child has used Early Start they can get free or low cost funded kindergarten (previously known as '4-year-old kindergarten') as well.
To enquire about Early Start kindergarten please contact us on 1300 787 624
About pre-kindergarten and funded kindergarten
Registrations, offers and placements for 2020
Go to our offers and placements web page for information on:
- deadlines for registration or changing your preferences
- dates that offers will be made for 2020 placements
- how placements are decided
Kindergarten session timetable for 2019
List of kindergartens and contact information
- addresses and contact details for our community kindergartens
- a map featuring community kindergartens across Cardinia Shire.