Report a problem with a drain

Our drain maintenance works are done mainly to clear blockages that could result in flooding of roads or properties.

Please report any issues with drains using the online form below. 

We are responsible for the barrel drain and associated pits in the road reserve or within formal drainage easements.

It is your responsibility as the property owner to ensure that your drainage system is clear, which includes all pipes up to, and including, the connection into the legal point of discharge.

Drain maintenance techniques include:

  • excavating debris
  • weed spraying
  • mowing.

Grass or vegetation growing along or in surface drains is used to help manage water run-off and erosion. In steep areas, vegetation and grasses are used to slow down the speed of the water run-off to limit erosion to the area.

When we clear a surface drain, sections of the drain may be left with vegetation intact. This is intentional; it not only preserves flora and fauna but assists with sediment control.

If you would like to use the material removed from the surface drainage system call us on 1300 787 624.  Please note that material will only be supplied following authorisation from one of our town planning officers.

Report a problem with a drain