Community Capital Works Grants recipients announced
Cardinia Shire Council has announced $483,342.41 in funding under its Community Capital Works Grants 2022–23 program to 27 successful applicants across category 1 and 2 grants.
Each year, the Cardinia Shire Community Capital Works Grants program enables local community groups to upgrade community and recreation facilities to meet the varied needs of the community.
Cardinia Shire Mayor Cr Jeff Springfield congratulated the recipients.
“Well done to everyone who applied for a grant and congratulations to the successful applicants in this year’s Community Capital Works Grants program,” the Mayor said.
“The projects funded will improve and enhance what are already valued community assets, and will no doubt result in more accessible, more sustainable and more suitable facilities for our community. Thank you to all the volunteers who work on these projects year in, year out, for your tireless efforts to help make our shire a wonderful place to live, work and play.”
This year, Council has awarded 16 Community Capital Works Partnership Grants to the value of $320,000, and 11 Community Capital Works Grants to the value of $163,342.41.
Successful recipients in the 2022–23 program include:
Community capital works grants: Grants available from a set priorities list that will benefit the enhancement of the facility. Council manage project works on community’s behalf.
- Gembrook Craft Group Inc: Cottage environmental upgrade
- Cardinia Environment Coalition: Ventilation of propagation shed and chemical storage room
- Emerald Museum: New flooring
- Tonimbuk Hall: Window replacement
- Bunyip Hall Committee: Split system installation
- Pakenham Football Club: Replacement of old unsafe carpet at Toomuc Reserve Pavilion
- Beaconsfield Kindergarten: Bathroom upgrade
- Bunyip Hall: Bunyip Hall solar energy
- Ash Wednesday Bushfire Education Centre: Generator input sockets
- Pakenham Bowls Club: Split system installation
- Nar Nar Goon Kindergarten (Bestchance): Internal painting
- Avonsleigh Kindergarten (Bestchance): Internal painting and replacement of carpet
- Cardinia Civic Concert Band: Army Road Hall upgrades
- Cardinia Environment Coalition: Irrigation pump protection housing
- Cora Lynn Recreation Reserve: Canteen roof
- Bunyip Showgrounds and Reserve: Solar water pump
Community capital works partnership grants: Matched funding grants are available for a community group’s choice of project that will benefit a Council asset/facility, increase participation, and inclusion. Community groups manage the works with guidance from Council.
- Cardinia Environment Coalition: Pot wash facility
- Beaconsfield Recreation Reserve: Perc Allison Playground
- Pakenham Cricket Club Incorporated: Training nets roof
- Lang Lang Pastoral, Agricultural and Horticultural: Replace roof on sports pavilion
- Pakenham Upper Recreation Reserve: Community outdoor training net upgrade
- Pakenham Upper Riding Club and Pakenham Pony Club: Arena refurbishment
- Cardinia Civic Concert Band: Kitchen rebuild and blinds
- Officer city soccer club: Replacement of sporting field globes
- Catani Recreation Reserve: Upgrading drainage to second oval
- Cora Lynn Football Club: LED electronic scoreboard and additions
- Pakenham Tennis Club: Kellmat windbreak
For more information about Council’s community grants programs, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/grants
For more information and enquiries, call the Connected Communities Team on 1300 787 624.