Have your say on Council’s Domestic Animal Management Plan
Have your say on Council’s proposed Domestic Animal Management Plan.
In accordance with the Domestic Animals Act 1994 (the Act), Council is required to prepare a Domestic Animal Management Plan at four-year intervals.
The proposed plan provides information on the daily operation of the Council, the current programs Council has in place and the policies the Council has adopted in relation to animal management matters including:
- Responsible pet ownership,
- Risk minimisation of dog attacks,
- Overpopulation and high euthanasia rates of cats and dogs,
- Minimising issues of dog and cat nuisance,
- Ensuring compliance with the Act and relevant legislation,
- Encouraging dog and cat registration and identification; and
- Effectively identifying all dangerous, menacing and restricted dog breeds, and that relevant compliance of these dogs are met in accordance with the Act.
As part of this drafting process, Council has released a survey to invite feedback on relevant proposed actions within the draft plan.
Community consultation closes on Wednesday 13 April 2022.
To have your say on Council’s proposed Domestic Animal Management Plan for 2022-25, visit Council’s Creating Cardinia website at www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay