Council funds projects to help community during the pandemic
Cardinia Shire Council has awarded more than $35,000 to local community groups and organisations through its COVID-19 Community Connection Grants Program.
Part of Council's $1.6 million Community and Business COVID-19 Support Package, these grants aim to provide support to our community during the pandemic, and to promote increased community connection and health and wellbeing beyond the pandemic.
Cardinia Shire Council Mayor Cr Jeff Springfield congratulated the successful grant recipients and thanked them for helping keep our communities connected throughout the COVID-19 restrictions.
“The health, safety and wellbeing of our communities throughout the pandemic is a priority for Council. We’re pleased we have been able to distribute more than $35,000 funding to help 20 community groups, services and not-for-profit organisations deliver projects that support social connection, reduce isolation and promote mental health during the COVID-19 restrictions.
“We really value the vital work that community groups and organisations are doing to support people in our community who may be struggling as a result of the pandemic.
“Among the projects supported by Council’s COVID-19 Community Connection Grants Program include online fitness training, a monthly newsletter, an online platform to bring young people together, children’s craft packs, and the creation of a community mosaic on the steps of Emerald Community House,” said Cr Springfield.
The COVID-19 Community Connection grants have been awarded to:
- Bestchance Child Family Care
- Bunyip and District Community House
- Cardinia Men’s Recovery Learning Community
- Cockatoo Community House (supported by Taskforce Community Agency)
- Cockatoo Township Committee
- Emerald Community House Inc
- Emerald Village Association Inc
- Garfield Netball Club
- Kaduna Park Residents Group
- Konnext RightNow Inc
- Kooweerup Regional Health Service
- Living and Learning Pakenham Inc
- Mount Burnett Observatory
- Reclink Australia
- Region of Pakenham Gamers Inc
- Tribes Basketball Club
- U3A Emerald Inc
- Upper Beaconsfield Men's Shed
- Western Port Catchment Landcare Network
- Woman's Friendship Cafe Pakenham
For more information about the COVID-19 Community Connection Grants Program visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/covid19supportgrants
For the latest Victorian Government COVID-19 information: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
For information on changes to Council services and support available: www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/coronavirus