Before you burn off ...

The Fire Danger Period has ended in Cardinia Shire. Before you burn off, please ensure that you meet all the conditions and have registered your burn off beforehand. Click here to follow the steps to ensure a safe and legal burn off >

Planning permit for 50 Lakeside Boulevard

Published: 17 February 2016

Cardinia Shire Council has received an application for a planning permit to use the former Delfin sales office at 50 Lakeside Boulevard as a ‘place of worship’.

While Council appreciates that there will be differing community views on the appropriateness of this application, it is bound by the current zoning to fairly consider the application for the potential for adverse impact under the planning scheme.

Under the current zoning (Comprehensive Development Zone (Schedule 1)) the use of land for a ‘place of worship’ is a permitted use of the land subject to planning permission; a permit is also required for signage associated with the use.

Council has advertised the application, including details of the permit application, plans and other documents that explain the proposed use. The advertising period started on 21 January 2016.

Any person who considers they will be affected by the proposal may register their objection to the application, in writing by post or email. Each objection must include:

  • the name and address of objector
  • the application number and site address
  • the reasons for the objection
  • details of how the objector would be affected.

The details of applicants and objectors are not confidential.

Following the advertising period, a Council officer will consider the proposal, the planning scheme, any objections and any other relevant information, and form a recommendation for the permit be granted (subject to conditions) or refused.

Council will consider the application and recommendation, and make a decision at an upcoming Town Planning Committee Meeting. The applicant and objectors will be advised of this meeting and may attend, but cannot present at the meeting.

If the applicant or objector disagrees with the decision of Council, they can ask Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) to review the decision. If that happens, Council are required to defend their decision and other parties will have an opportunity to present their case. VCAT will either confirm the Council decision or set aside Council’s decision and make a new decision.

Was this page useful?