2018 White Ribbon Day walk
Cardinia Shire community groups, with support from Cardinia Shire Council, will be holding the 2018 White Ribbon Day walk.
Join community members, community groups, Mayor and Councillors for the White Ribbon Day walk 2018 to mark the progress of Together We Can and help raise awareness of this significant social issue in our community.
- When: 12–12.30pm, Friday 23 November 2018
- Where: As in previous years, participants will march from the Pakenham Library, corner John Street and Henry Street, through Main Street, Pakenham.
The community and Council are working together to reduce the high number of serious offences of family violence in Cardinia Shire. Together we are making a difference, as has been shown by an 18.8 per cent reduction in the rate (per 100,000 population) of serious incidents reported to police in Cardinia Shire. But, there is still so much more work to be done with many incidents going unreported and many children being traumatised by violence and abuse.
The event will involve a number of temporary road closures throughout Pakenham town centre. From 12pm to 12.30pm, temporary road closures will affect:
- John St (between Henry Street and Main Street),
- Treloar Lane,
- Cook Drive (between Treloar Lane and Station Street),
- Station Street (between Cook Drive and Main Street), and
- Main Street (between Station Street and John Street).
For enquiries, please contact Council’s Collective Impact Facilitator - Together We Can, Fiona Cost on 1300 787 624 during business hours.