Community Capital Works Grants recipients 2018–19 announced
Cardinia Shire Council has presented $178,000 in funding under the Community Capital Works Grants 2018–19 to 18 successful applicants at a reception at the Cardinia Cultural Centre.
Each year, the Cardinia Shire Community Capital Works Grants program enables local community groups to upgrade community and recreation facilities to meet the varied needs of the community.
Cardinia Shire Deputy Mayor Cr Brett Owen said he felt privileged to be announcing the successful grant recipients.
“I am honoured to be here tonight – joined by so many wonderful volunteers and community-minded people. On behalf of Council, I thank you all for your ongoing contributions to making Cardinia Shire a wonderful place to live, work and play,” Cr Owen said.
“The incredible amount of dedication – the time and energy – that community groups and volunteers have expended to get these projects planned, funded, and delivered is commendable, and Council is very proud to play a part in making these projects possible.”
In recent years, the Community Capital Works Grants program has supported projects like:
- the staged demolition and removal of the Cockatoo Pony Club’s former shed and the construction of their new clubhouse;
- environmental improvements at the Koo Wee Rup Senior Citizens Centre, including the installation of a new solar power system and a water tank;
- the development of a new all-weather ambulance track, arena fencing upgrade, and landscaping at Gembrook Riding Club’s facilities;
- a new kitchen for Bunyip Kindergarten;
- new outdoor blinds for Bayles Preschool
- new purpose-built shelving and cupboards for Beaconsfield Kindergarten’s Wood Street office; and
- the three-year, staged upgrade of Pakenham Cricket Club’s cricket nets and grounds.
The Community Capital Works Grants are offered annually. In the 2018-19 round, matched-funding grants of up to $35,000 were available to eligible community groups to undertake upgrades to community and recreation facilities within Cardinia Shire.
For a list of this year’s successful recipients and projects and more information about Council’s community grants programs, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/grants