Last chance to have your say on the Cardinia Planning Scheme review
Community consultation for feedback on the draft review of the Cardinia Planning Scheme closes 5pm, Friday 17 August 2018.
The Cardinia Planning Scheme sets out how land is protected and how it can be used and developed in Cardinia Shire.
Council must regularly review the Cardinia Planning Scheme to ensure that it is up-to-date, consistent with Victorian Government planning policy, and does not contain errors. The review is a high-level strategic analysis of the Cardinia Planning Scheme; it does not focus on particular addresses or properties.
The draft review addresses changes made since the last review in 2012, and proposes to include the following in the updated Planning Scheme:
- Changes to the State Planning Policy, including the introduction of the ‘refreshed’ Plan Melbourne (2017 -2050).
- Other relevant Victorian Government documents such as Planning Practice Notes.
- Changes at a local level, which include:
- changes to the Urban Growth Boundary resulting in the inclusion of Pakenham East into the growth corridor
- precinct Structure Planning that is being undertaken and completed
- changes of economic significance such as the relocation of the Pakenham Racecourse to Tynong.
- Work already undertaken, such as the introduction of a Gaming Policy and the Airport Policy, and the completion of the Beaconsfield Structure Plan.
- Relevant Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Planning Panels decisions.
- A review of relevant Council documents that contain planning actions, such as the Council Plan and the Liveability Plan.
- Changes to the zoning or overlays on specific properties are not proposed as part of this review.
Feedback from this community consultation will be used to inform changes to the Cardinia Planning Scheme. Following this consultation, a planning scheme amendment will be prepared to introduce these changes, which will go through an additional public consultation process.
For more information, and to submit written feedback on the draft review, go to www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay