Have Your Say: O’Neil Road Recreation Reserve Draft Masterplan
Throughout July, Cardinia Shire Council is seeking community feedback on the draft Master Plan for O’Neil Road Recreation Reserve.
With the predicted growth of the community, the O'Neil Road Recreation Reserve Beaconsfield has been identified to be upgraded to a neighbourhood-level active reserve. The proposed upgrades to the reserve will provide greater support for low-level senior cricket and create a home base for a junior soccer club. They will also improve the passive recreation opportunities within the reserve.
The draft Master Plan recommends the following improvements:
- Two junior soccer pitches and supporting infrastructure (new lighting, coaches’ boxes, ball catching nets - overlaid over cricket oval)
- Upgraded cricket oval and cricket pitch
- A new sports pavilion with vehicle-free zone to support spectators/users
- Two new car park areas; one to support the main reserve entrance and pavilion, and the second to support the existing playground
- A large spectator shelter to provide shade to spectators on the western soccer pitch
- Connecting footpaths throughout the reserve
- Installation of an outdoor fitness station
- Installation of barbecue and picnic facilities
- Provision of shade over the existing playground
- Widening the current vehicle entry point to support future roundabout
Council is holding a community consultation ‘drop-in’ session from 3.30–6.30pm on 18 July 2018 at Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre, 8 O’Neil Rd, Beaconsfield.
Feedback can also be provided through an online survey until 9am, Monday 30 July 2018.
For more information, to view plans, and to have your say online visit Council’s website at www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay or call Council’s Customer Service on 1300 787 624.