Nominations open for the Stan Henwood Award 2018
Nominations are now open for the annual Stan Henwood Award recognising individuals in Cardinia Shire who have made significant contributions to the community.
Cardinia Shire Mayor Cr Collin Ross said the award, which honours the late Stan Henwood and his lifetime contribution to Tynong and the municipality, is a fitting way to acknowledge similarly motivated individuals in the Cardinia Shire community today.
“Stan was held in high esteem by the Tynong community for his lifelong dedication to strengthening his local community and Cardinia Shire more broadly. His positive influence and contributions over the years not only improved the lives of those around him, but also saw him receive a medal from the Australian Prime Minister for Service to Sport and an Order of Australia for Service to the Community,” Cr Ross said.
"The Stan Henwood Award is one way we can keep the memory of Stan and his efforts very much alive and to also encourage and celebrate community members who are continuing this selfless work today with their own commitment and contributions to improving local sporting and community facilities across the shire."
Nominations for the 2018 award close at 5pm on Sunday 4 March 2018.
Eligible nominees must:
- be a resident of the Cardinia Shire (however, those with substantial community contributions to Cardinia Shire over more than 10 years but who are not currently living in Cardinia Shire may be also considered)
- have demonstrated significant commitment to community services over more than 10 years
- not have been a Cardinia Shire Councillor in the last four years
- not have received this award in the past.
To ensure nominations are complete and are in the best possible position for consideration, nominators are encouraged to:
- clearly explain the achievements, background and reasons for the nomination
- include supporting evidence of achievements and contributions
- include the contact details of at least one referee in support of the nomination.
Nominations must be submitted online via the SmartyGrants portal, which will require the nominator to register an account before they can prepare and submit a nomination form.
The winner will be announced and acknowledged at the annual Mayor's Volunteer Reception to be held at the Cardinia Cultural Centre.
For more information and to apply, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/StanHenwoodAward