Cardinia calls for changes to Officer South Employment Plan
At its meeting on 11 December, Cardinia Shire Council endorsed a submission to the Victorian Planning Authority on the Officer South Employment Precinct Structure Plan.
Council’s submission offers general support for Amendment C274 to the Cardinia Planning Scheme, subject to important changes including:
- earlier delivery of an upgrade and extension of Thompsons Road,
- modifications to transport network modelling,
- a minimum 10 per cent affordable and social housing target,
- modifications to the sport reserve to accommodate field-based sporting activities,
- locating kindergarten rooms on the Government Primary School site, and
- inclusion of an industry training institute (Centre of Excellence).
Council is also seeking clarifications and optimal outcomes on other matters including integrated water management, drainage, gas, town centre development, heritage, native vegetation, public transport and active transport routes.
The submission follows a motion moved by Council on 20 November which stated that jobs should be the first priority of the Officer South employment precinct, and that the development of industrial land and new transport infrastructure such as the upgrade and extension of Thompsons Road should be prioritised.
The precinct structure plan for the Officer South Employment Precinct is expected to be finalised in late 2024.