Draft Equestrian Strategy launched for feedback
Cardinia Shire has undertaken a review of the 2014 Equestrian Strategy and today released a new draft Strategy for consultation.
Equestrian is a popular activity in Cardinia Shire with approximately 1,000 equestrian club participants and more than 20 clubs operating, in addition to informal trail users.
The Draft Equestrian Strategy 2023 – 2033 contains recommendations to:
- plan, deliver and maintain equestrian trails and facilities where they are most needed
- increase equestrian participation through improved access to trails and facilities, and better information about equestrian clubs and services
- enhance the promotion of equestrian trials and facilities, and partnerships that support activations, events and infrastructure.
The community can speak to Council staff and have their say on the new strategy at the following drop-in sessions:
- Friday 17 November, 3pm to 4pm, Cardinia Civic Centre, Officer
- Monday 20 November, 5pm to 6pm, Hills Hub, Emerald
- Wednesday 29 November, 12 noon to 1pm, Cardinia Civic Centre, Officer
- Monday 4 December, 5pm to 6pm, Hills Hub, Emerald
- Tuesday 12 December, 4pm to 5pm, Cardinia Civic Centre, Officer
To view the Draft Equestrian Strategy or provide feedback visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay