Community Safety Month information sessions
All Cardinia Shire residents can speak directly with local emergency experts and learn more about preparing for emergencies at a series of free sessions being held this Community Safety Month.
Community Safety Month is held across Cardinia Shire every October and reminds us that we all have a role to play in keeping our community safe.
The information sessions are aligned with Council’s Liveability Plan objectives of raising community awareness about hazards and building the capacity of individuals and households to prepare for and respond to events.
Community Safety Pop-Ups
Representatives from local services including Victoria Police, Country Fire Authority, Fire Rescue Victoria, the State Emergency Service and Council will be on hand at a series of pop-ups to discuss community safety and emergency preparedness:
- 3 October, 3pm to 4.30pm at Lakeside Square, Village Way, Pakenham
- 10 October, 3pm to 4.30pm at Puffing Billy Place Reserve, 29-65 Station St, Emerald
- 17 October, 3pm to 4.30pm at Koo Wee Rup Shopping Centre, 29-65 Station St, Koo Wee Rup
- 24 October, 3pm to 4.30pm at Beaconsfield Plaza, Old Princes Highway, Beaconsfield
- 31 October, 3pm to 4.30pm at Pakenham Marketplace, 50-54 John St, Pakenham
Emergency Preparedness Planning Session
A facilitated, person-centred emergency preparedness session will be held for people with a disability, carers and service providers, and tailored for individual needs. This session will enable people to self-assess their preparedness, capabilities and support needs, and develop a personal emergency plan.
- 27 October, 10am to 1pm at Cardinia Civic Centre, 20 Siding Avenue, Officer
Registrations for this session close on 21 October. Lunch will be provided. Spaces are limited.
To register for this session, contact Council’s Emergency Management team on 1300 787 624 or email email@example.com