New tenant proposed for My Place

Published: 13 June 2023

A new lease agreement between Cardinia Shire Council and Community College Gippsland is being proposed for 5-7 Main Street Pakenham, also known as My Place.

An assessment panel has determined that Community College Gippsland (CCG) are the preferred applicant to lease the vacant space for 5 years with two further terms of 5 years.

Community College Gippsland will expand their existing services to offering a supportive educational hub as an alternative to mainstream education for young people.

Offering a Community Vocational Education and Training (VET) program will provide hands on learning for students in years 10,11 and 12, providing practical work-related experience, literacy and numeracy skills and the opportunity to build other important life and work skills. This support provides a pathway to an apprenticeship, traineeship, employment, or further study for young people.

To maximise the use of the facility beyond the school year, they also intend to offer adult programs, school holiday programs and shared use by other community organisations.

The proposed use is consistent with the existing use and zoning of the site. It will also assist in meeting the current demand for these services within the community. 

An expression of interest to determine the future tenant of 5-7 Main Street Pakenham was open between December 2022 and February 2023.

My Place is currently operated by council, with multiple users occupying space to provide youth services. The new Cardinia Youth Hub located at 43 James Street Pakenham is currently under construction.  

Existing My Place tenants have signed agreements to relocate to the new Youth Hub, which is currently under construction. Community College Gippsland will then take up occupancy at the existing ‘My Place’ building. CCG will continue with their current lease at the nearby 126 Princes Highway Pakenham premise and operate programs from both sites.

 For more information on My Place, visit

Was this page useful?