Free Rapid Antigen Tests from Cardinia Shire Council Civic Centre
Free rapid antigen test (RAT) kits are available from Cardinia Shire Council’s Civic Centre, 20 Siding Avenue Officer, during open hours.
The service is made possible through the Victorian Government’s Community RAT Program.
- You can receive up to two packs of five RATs per person, and up to two packs per household member.
- You are not required to have a Medicare card.
- People with a disability and their carers can get four of five free RATs per person.
- You can collect RATs as many times as you need.
- If you run out of RATs, you are welcome to collect more to make sure you are prepared.
If you need a PCR test, you will need to visit a GP respiratory clinic or have a GP referral to a private pathology provider. A GP will decide if you need a PCR test based on your symptoms and medical conditions. You may need to pay for your PCR test.
See a GP or GP respiratory clinic:
- if you are at high risk of falling very sick with COVID
- if you are eligible for COVID medicines
- if you are concerned about your symptoms.
If you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please do not collect RATs until you are well. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do not go to council to collect your free RATs. Instead, please collect free RATs at testing sites which you can find through the coronavirus website: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/get-a-covid-19-test
If you can’t get to a location, a guardian or carer can collect your free RATs for you.
For more information about getting tested and reporting a positive RAT result, visit the Department of Health website: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au Alternatively you can call the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 675 398
For the latest advice about COVID-19 testing visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
The Community RAT Program is available through Cardinia Shire Council’s Civic Centre in Officer until 30 June, 2023 or until stock runs out.
Cardinia Shire Council, Civic Centre
20 Siding Avenue, Officer
Open hours: From 8.30am until 5.00pm Monday – Friday.
For more information, visit www.cardinia.vic.gov.au or call 1300 787 624.
Update as of Tuesday 27 June: The program has been extended until end of 2023 or until stock runs out.