Plan your visit to Emerald Lake Park and precinct
This page has information on where Emerald Lake Park precinct is located, how to get there, opening hours and a map of the park.
Emerald Lake Road, Emerald VIC.
Emerald Lake Precinct is a 60-minute drive from Melbourne in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges. Car parking is available. Buy your car parking ticket from the ticket machines
Route 695 Belgrave to Gembrook. Alight at Emerald township.
Walking and cycling
Walk or cycle the Eastern Dandenong Ranges Trail between Emerald, Cockatoo and Gembrook. The trail takes you through Nobelius Heritage Park and Emerald Lake Park.
The park has 3 bus and coach set-down and pick-up bays (15-minute limit) near Puffing Billy’s Lakeside station.
We are open from 8am to 8pm almost every day of the year.
Days when we close:
- CFA-declared 'Catastrophic' fire danger days: entire Emerald Lake Park and Nobelius Heritage Park will be closed.
- CFA-declared 'Total Fire Ban' and 'Extreme' fire danger days: bushland areas/walking trails be closed. Please observe signs for your safety.
- Christmas Day: businesses (including cafe, model railway and paddleboats) will be closed.
Map of the park
Emerald Lake Precinct is for everyone to enjoy. Please look after it and follow these guidelines.
- Park entry is free but car parking fees apply
- Swimming in the lakes is not allowed as it is not safe. The wading pool is free for water play during the summer season and is supervised by lifeguards. Parent supervision is required at all times
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times
- Do not feed the ducks. Ducks need to forage for their own food. Our food can make them sick and malnourished. When we feed them, ducks can become aggressive towards people and dependent on us for food.
- Please help to keep the park clean for everyone by using the bins provided or take your rubbish home. Penalties apply for littering
- Trail bikes and horses are not allowed
- Electric barbecues are free for everyone to use. Wood and charcoal barbecues are not allowed.
- You are welcome to fish but please follow the rules on the signs around the lake
- Camping is not allowed