Plan your visit to Emerald Lake Park
Emerald Lake Road, Emerald VIC.
Paid on-site car parking is available. You can buy a car parking ticket each visit or buy an annual pass.
Route 695 Belgrave to Gembrook. Walk down Emerald Lake Road to the park.
The park has 3 bus and coach set-down and pick-up bays (15-minute limit) near Puffing Billy’s Lakeside station.
Park entry costs and car parking
Entry to the park and its pool (when it is open) is free. There is a small cost for car parking, and for the paddle boats and model railway.
Due to the extreme heat, please note that Emerald Lake Park will be closed today (Friday 25 January).
Emerald Lake Park Precinct is closed on CFA-declared ‘Code Red’ and 'Extreme' fire danger days. On days of Total Fire Ban, some walking tracks and areas of the park may be closed. Please observe signs for your safety.
Please note for Christmas Day: operators within the park will not be open and bookings will not be taken.
|18 December 2018 to 14 March 2019||8am to 8pm|
|15 March 2019 to 30 April 2019||9am to 6pm|
|1 May 2019 to 30 September 2019||9am to 4.30pm|
|1 October 2019 to 17 December 2019||9am to 6pm|
Map of the park
- Do not swim in the lake. It is unsafe and strictly prohibited. The wading pool is available for water play during the summer season.
- Keep your dog on a leash at all times.
- Do not kayak or boat on the lakes.
- Do not feed the ducks. Food provided by people can make them sick and malnourished. Ducks can also become aggressive and start to harass humans for food.
- Do not litter. Please take your rubbish with you, or put it in the bins provided. Penalties apply for littering.
- Do not ride trail bikes or horses in the park.
- Seek permission and details from our Passive Reserves team before mountain bike riding anywhere in the park (some tracks are available with permission).
- Wood and charcoal barbecues are not permitted.
- Follow the park rules for fishing.
- Camping is not allowed.