Plan your visit to Emerald Lake Park
This page has information on opening hours, visitor information and transport options to Emerald Lake Park.
Emerald Lake Park is open from 6am to 8pm, every day of the year.
Businesses (including cafe, model railway and paddleboats) do not open on Christmas Day.
Depending on fire danger rating and other weather conditions:
- bushland areas and walking trails may be closed on Extreme fire danger and Total Fire Ban days.
- the park may be closed on Catastrophic fire danger days.
- Bring your dog/s, but keep them on a leash
- Enter the park for free, but remember to pay for parking or display your annual pass
- Fish in the lakes – but please follow the rules on the signs
- Litter (there are bins everywhere)
- Swim in the lakes (they’re not safe)
- Feed the birds and ducks (it makes them sick and aggressive)
- Light a wood or charcoal barbecue (we have electric ones you can use for free)
- Ride your trail bike or horse into the park (they are not allowed)
How to get there
The park is a 60-minute drive from Melbourne. Find out about parking and accessibility
By bus or coach
There are 3 bus parking spaces (15-minute limit) near Puffing Billy’s Lakeside station.
Walking and cycling
Walk or cycle the Eastern Dandenong Ranges Trail between Emerald, Cockatoo and Gembrook. The trail takes you through Nobelius Heritage Park and Emerald Lake Park.