Events at Emerald Lake Park
Check the online events calendar for events at the park.
Stargazing @ Emerald Lake Park – Cancelled
Unfortunately, due to heavy cloud cover, the upcoming Stargazing @ Emerald Lake Park event scheduled for Saturday 25 May 2019 has been cancelled.
Future Stargazing events are planned for July and October 2019. Check back on this page or follow our Cardinia Shire Council Facebook page for new events. All people who have booked to attend the event will be notified by email with further details.
Both Council and the Mount Burnett Observatory apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Starlight, star bright, all the stars you'll see this night!
Council partners with Mount Burnett Observatory to share the wonderment of the skies from the beauty of Emerald Lake Park.
Groups will be guided around Lake Treganowan to see the skies from various viewing points. Volunteers from Mount Burnett Observatory will share their passion and knowledge of astronomy using the naked eye and telescopes.
So rug up, wear comfortable walking shoes and book in early to secure your spot. Torches will be supplied.
Free event - bookings essential.
Note: Due to the popularity of the event, there is no waiting list for tickets. Check back on this page for updates.
Key information if you're attending:
- Tour sessions depart every 15mins from 7pm
- Tour Groups limited to 25 people per session (for larger groups please contact email@example.com )
- Please arrive at least 10minutes before your session time
- Each tour loop will take approximately 2hrs
- In the case of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled and those who have booked in will be notified.
- Torches will be supplied
- This event includes a lot of walking and some steep areas. Please ensure you are prepared or supported.
- Lakeside carpark will be closed for this event. Please park at Puffing Billy carpark.
The Great Train Race
Each year in May, runners race against Puffing Billy along a 13.5 kilometre course from Belgrave to Emerald Lake Park.
Visit the Puffing Billy website for more information.
Easter treasure hunt
The park's free Easter treasure hunt is held each year on Easter Sunday between 11am and 3pm. An activity sheet to participate in the hunt is available on the day from the cafe, model railway, paddleboats or Lakeside station.
Summer Music Series
This popular music event is on every Sunday in February. All concerts are held in the bandstand at Emerald Lake Park at 12.30pm.
For details visit the Summer Music Series web page